Thursday, October 6, 2011

INKING M.O.D.O.K.

And once again I've been MIA from the blog for a couple of weeks. Very sorry for that, just been very busy !

Anyway, last week Kasra Ghanbari, a fellow Chicagoan and the co-creator of the highly anticipated comic MONOCYTE, posted this M.O.D.O.K. piece by superstar artist David Finch on twitter :

Now, Kasra is apparently the worlds biggest M.O.D.O.K. fan, and he owns this piece along with several other amazing comissions of the character . In his tweet, he asked if anybody would be up to the task of inking this monster. I don't know if he was serious or not, but I figured I'd give it a shot. He e-mailed me some high quality scans, I had a couple copies printed out and I've been working on it little by little ever since.

Here's what I have so far :

This thing is a monster. This is probably a total of 2-3 hours of work and I've barely made a dent in it. But I'm enjoying it. I think you can learn a lot as an artist by doing things like this. I'm going to work on it and post some updates here (along with more original art as well ).

By the way, Monocyte #1, by Kasra and the amazing artist menton3 comes out next week ! I've been really excited for this book to come out, as it looks absolutely amazing ! If you haven't heard of it, you can check out a 12 page preview here and an free 8 page digital prequel here ! Check out the links and make sure to go buy issue #1 when it hits stores !

Thanks again for reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment