Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Challengers ASSEMBLE ! - Week 1 - The Legion





Hello, everyone ! With the holidays over, it's time to get posting on the blog again. I'm taking part in a new sketch blog, Challengers ASSEMBLE !, presented by Challengers Comics & Conversation  in Chicago. Each week, the stores owners will choose a theme, and a group of artists, including myself, have to come up with their own interpretation of the theme.

The first week's theme was DC Comics Legion of Superheroes ! As much of a comic book fan as I am, I've never really been a Legion fan. So i did a little research on some of the characters and this version of Star Boy really stood out to me. The first week's sketches were posted on Friday, and there's a bunch of cool pieces there. Make sure to go check them out HERE !

The theme for this week is Captain America. I'll be working on that piece today, and it will be posted on CA this Friday. I'm already really enjoying this. It's an opportunity for me to draw some things I normally wouldn't draw, and hopefully it will help me grow as an artist as well.

Thanks for reading !
Ray
twitter - @rjw1213


Star Boy
8.5x11 brush pen on Strathmore smooth bristol

No comments:

Post a Comment