Friday, August 19, 2011

Experimenting

 Well I've decided to take a break from drawing other peoples creations for a while. It's time for me to get creative and just come up with things on my own. The 2 pieces above are the result of experimenting with some new materials and techniques. Both were drawn with my new Pentel Pocket Brush Pen (which I love so far) on 9x12 watercolor paper. I also added a little inkwash to these for some background and shading. I'm gonna be trying some more new things here. Using different types and colors of India ink and different methods of applying them. I'm enjoying playing with these new toys right now, and I feel like it's starting to lead me in a good direction creatively. Still trying to define myself a little more stylistically, but I feel like I'm getting closer. Thanks for reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment