Wednesday, August 10, 2011

ROLAND DESCHAIN - THE GUNSLINGER

I've recently started reading the first book in Stephen King's Dark Tower series, The Gunslinger. It's absolutely incredible ! A couple years ago I read a few of Marvel Comics adaptations of the books, and as I'm reading the novel I have a beautiful mental picture of the characters and settings thanks to those comics. The artwork by Jae Lee and Richard Isanove is so breathtakingly beautiful. If you're familiar with Jae Lee, I think you can see the influence here. That is how I picture Roland as I'm reading, just the way Jae drew him.

I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out. I was originally going to do just a loose sketch in pencil, and then render it out in brush & ink. But as I was sketching I just got into a groove and decided to do full pencils on it ! I will end up inking this in the next couple of days, I just wanted to show the pencils beforehand because I really love it so far.

Thanks for checking this out, and as always, feel free to leave some feedback. Thankee, Sai !

No comments:

Post a Comment