Sunday, August 21, 2011

THE KING

If you follow me (or the #comics hashtag) on twitter, you may have noticed i posted some work in progress shots of this piece. Well here is the finished product ! I have never been much of a painter, but as I've said before I'm trying to teach myself some new things and not keep myself confined to traditional pencil on paper illustration. This piece was done with watercolor (mixed Bombay India Inks with water) on 9x12 watercolor paper.
To be honest, I had no idea what the hell I was doing. I just decided to start painting, and I kept on painting and this is what I ended up with. The figure in the image is something that's been in my head for a while now. But as far as executing the painting process, I really just let it flow. I like the way it came out ! There are certain aspects of painting that I'll need to work on a bit, but I really enjoyed doing this piece.
Thanks again for reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment